People Development Training Center (PDTC) is established in 2002, as an offshoot of Bala Vikasa with a motto ‘Investing in People’. PDTC was initiated with an objective of sharing knowledge and experience of Bala Vikasa, in ‘Community Development’, to the likeminded NGOs, Individuals and Institutions through need based capacity building activities. PDTC fosters effective implementation of community development programs by Non- profit Organizations, Community Based Organizations and Institutions. Through these capacity building programs PDTC is reaching to 22 states in India and 23 countries across of Asia, Europe, Africa and America. With the gained experience and fast growing demand in the capacity building sector, Bala Vikasa PDTC is evolving as a “Center of Excellence in the field of sustainable Community Development”.
Bala Vikasa PDTC has designed a number of training modules basing them on its own grassroot experience and keeping them relevant to the needs of the development sector. The objective of training programs is mainly to provide knowledge, impart skills and change attitudes of the agents of change towards development. BV is convinced that real development can be achieved only if it triggers the commitment of the individuals. The development process starts within the inner self of the individual. Hence the PDTC training programs are based on the different approaches, methodologies, techniques adapted by Bala Vikasa, which are proven to be successful in educating and motivating individuals.
On the request, PDTC expanded its capacity building training programs to neighboring country Bangladesh. We have conducted a training in ‘Community Driven Development’ in collaboration with Village Education Research Center (VERC) in March 2011.
PDTC’s Mission is to facilitate the process of capacity building of the “Agents of Change” at the grassroots:
- Impart training, based on Bala Vikasa’s Field experience
- by sharing knowledge, changing mindsets and attitudes and enhancing abilities and skills
- by creating awareness on developmental issues within India and the world at large
- by inculcating a process of continuous reflection on social issues
- by encouraging research and documentation of existing realities to determine appropriate community development initiatives (A Research-Action process)
- through advocacy and networking with like-minded government and non-governmental organizations